Now that you have claimed your Local Business Listing on Google, Yahoo & Bing you need to take additional steps to improve your placement on the maps in your area.
- Establish a Consistent NAP
(Name Address & Phone Number) across the Internet, on your website, as well as on the major Data Providers (InfoUSA, Super Pages, Yelp, City Search, etc).
- Consistent Name – Pick the format for your name & stick with it e.g.“Full Service Funeral Home” not “Funeral Home Services”. One or the other and stick with it!
- Consistent Address – If your address is 1267 SW 29 St, Suite 10 you want to be sure that it reads that exact way and not 1267 SW 29 St #10.
- Consistent Phone Number – You want to use the same number on each of these sites (if you don’t, it will hurt you).
- Use a LOCAL not a Toll Free Phone Number.
- Get Reviews – Reviews are a key determinant of placement within the Map Listings.
It is very important to select the appropriate categories and/or add new custom categories, as needed.
- Increase your Citations – All things being equal, citations are a key determinant of placement. Just like in SEO where in-bound links determine placement with local listings, citations determine placement. He who has the most quality citations wins.
- Citations are listings across the web that contain your NAP (Name Address & Phone Number) with or without a link.
- In order to build up your citations:
- Add yourself to the local directory sites where you are not currently listed.
- City Search
- Super Pages
- Insider Pages
- Search for “your industry, directory”
- Search “your city, directory”
- Look at the listings of the people who have spot A, B & C on the Map for your services and look at their citations. In many cases you can go out and get those same citations!